View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #70
Vinny P.
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeRed View Post
I'm sure it would be an amazing game if he'd work on an ITP2 like he said and I hope he does, but I don't want to wait a decade for it.
He did say he would work on it, I remember him saying that a few years ago.

But I suspect, when it comes right down to it, I bet he just doesn't "find the time," for a couple of reasons:

1. It isn't as popular or interesting as OOTP.
2. He doesn't have nearly as clear a vision of where he wants to take it, as he does for OOTP.
3. It just will not generate as much income as it would be worth it to work on ITP 2.

I've had personal experience with this when it comes to certain projects on the computer. As an example:

I had two projects to complete for my portfolio at the same time:

One was a kinetic type project. I used a quote from the Lion King.

Another was a 3-d animation for the intro to a film festival that was coming up.

Both projects were initially a lot of fun to work on, and I had a pretty clear vision for both. However, the film fest intro was far more important to complete in a timely manner than the kinetic type, so I had to drop the kinetic type project in favor of the intro. The more I worked on the intro, the more I improved upon it and started making it pretty spectacular....the more I wanted to continue working with the project, and the more I wanted to do with it in order to continue improving it.

The kinetic type project got put to the wayside. When it came down to the end of the intro project, I went back to my kinetic type, and lost a lot of my vision for it. It was half complete, and was quite lame from my POV compared to the intro. I kept promising myself I would get back to it, but every time I opened the work files for the project, the less desire I had to work on it. Especially considering it had a lot of things that were wrong it. The kinetic type wasn't BAD by any means, and definitely had the potential to be a really impressive and interesting portfolio piece, given the elements that were there. But I just didn't have the interest in it any longer, and decided once and for all to just kill the project in my mind, keeping the work files intact. I may, afterall, get inspired against, and just come back to it in the future.

I bet the same story is true with Markus and ITP vs. OOTP.
Vinny P. is offline   Reply With Quote