View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #97
corkpilot
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hello,
I've been using this DB for my league starting in 1871. I've just reached the offseason between 1882-83. I've found with the expansion to include the AA teams I now have a TON of duplicate players as free agents. There are some duplicates both as free agents as well as some that have already been playing for several years, so in some cases there are three of the same player.

I'm relatively new to this game so maybe I did something wrong here? I didn't think expansion teams were supposed to import with their original players and that new players would always be added through the draft... in any case, I don't think I should be seeing 2 or 3 of the same player.

Any help?

p.s. I have a pitcher on my team named George Knight who is averaging about 12k/9IP over a two year period. His 'stuff' rating is maxed out. This seems to be quite odd for that time period to say the least. I noticed in one news article (he won player of the week several times) that his named showed up as 'Johnson'. He got Randy Johnson's stats perhaps?
corkpilot is offline   Reply With Quote