View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 04:40 AM   #136
clamel
All Star Starter

I got a draft issue in Historical play.

If content with players coming into the league every year WITHOUT a draft and ending up in "correct" teams they started in we got no problem.

HOWEVER
if one like to have the thrill of drafting from the draftpool each year we got an issue. Lots of players that was signed with teams as young amateurs, 15-17y old LatinAmericans mostly, and of course lately from other countries, Ichiro Suzuki, Nomo, Cuban defectors and so on.
These players actually end up in the draftpool. Imagine drafting Ichiro Suzuki doesn't feel very historical to me.
So I think something in the DB stating if the player was drafted in real life and that should make him enter the draft pool. The others should just end up as FA and being available to be signed by any team.

Starting one save historical in 1981 I got Mariano Duncan, Robeto Kelly, Jose Mesa among many in the draftpool at the end of that year. All was signed IRL as amateurs I think, never entered any draft.
I can in worst case go with young players, BUT the case of Ichiro and all the Japanese, Cubans lately is so un-historical to have in the draft.

Coming to end of 2000 Ichiro isn't the only one looking strange, 37y old Raul Aguilera from Mexico is in the draft and some +100 more over 25y , also Shin-Soo Choo

I tried a solution of getting them out of the draft going through the draftlist when it popped up, but I can't see that it can be done. They all got drafted even if clicking not avalaible for draftlist
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote