View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 07:41 PM   #6
bd001217
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Are you playing with random debut? All bets are off if you are. The game only identifies the players by the number beside them in the Master.csv file. It doesn't know who's who. It just uses a random number generator (speculation on my part here) and dumps whoever comes up into the draft or free agent pile. It doesn't really care if it's biologically impossible for a Jr to come before a Sr. All it knows is that Jr's number has been called and then 50 years later Sr's number gets called. Incidentally, I had Griffey Jr. and Griffey Sr. in the inaugural draft of my (now) 52 year random debut historical. They were both heading into their age 23 seasons. It's weird to look at, but I pushed the random button, so I've gotta live with it I guess.
Re: Random Debut ... I think i do have that setting... under "Game settings / League settings / Historical settings" , the box "use random rookies from all eras" is checked, if that's the setting you're referring to. There have been a number of very good father/son combos who have played in MLB... I think i'll just check for some of them after i've played a few "generations" worth of seasons, just to see what happens. OOTP is a great game, but so far i've only scratched the surface of what it can do
bd001217 is offline   Reply With Quote