View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 10:49 AM   #95
moore4807
All Star Starter

Game #10 vs. Chicago Oct 22nd

Bonehead is watching the pregame skate when Coach McCabe approaches him and starts talking about a family activity. Coach Tyulin sees them together and makes a beeline over to them. This visibly annoys Coach McCabe and Bonehead can see tension between the two men. Coach Ramsay is very observant and engages Coach Tyulin in some offensive line drills he is running with the players. Coach McCabe doesn't say anything else and heads back to his defensive group. Bonehead knows there is something brewing before long.

The first period play is even but the Panthers third line strikes first with RW Brad Boyes (6.5a/6.5a) netting an ES goal just 5:24 into the contest. Shots are 14 - 13 Panthers. The second period is all Blackhawks scoring and shots as they score twice on ES goals by the defensive pairing of D Nick Leddy (7.5a/8.0a) and D Michal Rossival (7.0b/7.0b) The Blackhawks now lead in shots 25 - 22. Coach Ramsay is suggesting double shifting our first line to offset the Hawks checking line and Bonehead agrees, the lines are set to 25/10/10/15. The third period starts off with quick goals traded by both teams only 4 seconds apart. Then D Johnny Oduya (7.0a/7.0a) buries a slapshot in the Panthers net six seconds after that for a two goal cushion they never relinquish and that's the score at the end of the third period.

At the post game press conference Bonehead is asked about the three goals by Chicago defensemen tonight and he looks perplexed. " I dunno, ask me about the 10 seconds between the three third period goals and I'm at a loss how that occurs either" he says. He points out there is some good things, even though 4 of the 5 penalties in the game were called on the home team... the Blackhawks failed to score any powerplay goals tonight.
Bonehead promises to have the team work harder and play smarter for the next game.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by moore4807; 02-08-2015 at 10:54 AM.
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote