View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #40
MrMuse
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
My understanding, from reading the SI boards, is that you have to buy the full, regular, grossly bloated version in order to get "classic," and that you then have to "unlock" certain features of "classic" like the can't-get-fired option--a feature I was begging for [and getting flamed for requesting] 10 years ago.

That's just silly. I don't know what I would need to do to "unlock" the "classic" version, but the whole idea is just dumb.

If someone would make a soccer management sim as sophisticated as, say, OOTP5 or the freeware Eastside Hockey Manager, I would buy it instantly, for the same price other people are paying for overdone, impossible-to-play-in-a-human-lifetime monsters like FM.
I have played hundreds of seasons in FM over the years. "impossible to play in a human lifetime"? I think not. You need to auto play some games to get through quickly in the EXACT SAME WAY you wont play through OOTP seasons quickly without skipping here and there. And the classic version is just a part of the game. You select it from the start menu. So I really don't know what you guys are talking about with this nonsense about unlocks. And I can understand why you got flamed for the "not get fired" thing. What is the point of being a manager if your actions have NO consequences for you as a player? As you pointed out...the game is not small...you don't get fired for losing one game...you have more than enough time to learn the game without being fired....oh..and that GAME dropdown menu..you know? the one with "save" on it. That there is your "don't get fired" option.

Last edited by MrMuse; 10-22-2013 at 04:32 PM.