View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #4
Rspen46
Minors (Single A)

Averaged out!

I basically did the same thing, I averaged out Durans, & he dominates my JWW division.

Also De La Hoya, Pacquiao, Mayweather, Mosley, Arguello, Benitez & Whitaker, & Barney Ross also had no JWW rating that I could find.

I keep 2 Excel lists of my JWW Rankings, 1 is for the overall rankings of everyone I put in the division & then I keep one just for the guys that fought a minimum of 10 bouts in the division, it makes a huge difference in your final top 10.

Here are my top 17 right at this time, most have fought at least 10 or more bouts & most have fought everyone else in the list, I have not finished yet as I have many more top JWW still to take their turn & shot at my final top 20, but at this point, you can see the top 2 spots are taken by Duran who never had a JWW fight & Benitez only had 7 & Mayweather 4 & the occupy 3 of my top 6 spots, but when I remove them for the guys that actually fought 10 or more at JWW, then you see how it changes, I still think the game gives Pryor too much credit for beating & Cheating an aging Arguello on his 4th move up in weight, & he won the title from an aging & past his prime Cervantes, & was put down by Cervantes, D. Johnson & Kameda, so he could be put down, but yet, Johnson may have been the hardest puncher he ever fought outside Arguello who did not carry his full power to JWW with him, Pryor's camp made sure they avoided anyone with power, I'm from Cinci, & I know for fact from the direct sources they did so, because they knew Pryor could be put down, that's why they ran him as fast as they could out of the LW division without ever fighting a single bout there, because at the time, the LW division was Loaded, they went to a nearly empty JWW division, so really I don't think Pryor did a lot, Panama Lewis helped him Cheat Arguello at the end of his great Career, he beat an old Cervantes, then what, he avoided the #1 contender in his own division in Mamby and fought the #4 in Johnson, Mamby had no power, but I think would have boxed Pryor in a very close fight, Cervantes in his Prime I think takes him & Benitez wins a decision, Duran easily beats him, Chavez takes him & Tszyu Ko's him.
& Arguello beats him if Lewis is not in his corner to cheat him, anyway, here is my top 17, & as I said, I still have many top JWW's still to go, like Locche & Gatti, & Arcari & others.

1. Roberto Duran
2. Wilfred Benitez
3. Aaron Pryor
4. Antonio Cervantes
5. Kostya Tszyu
6. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
7. Pernell Whitaker
8. Barney Ross
9. Duilio Loi
10. Julio Cesar Chavez
Oscar De La Hoya
Tony Canzoneri