View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

Update approaching 2034

I am having a blast playing. That I managed to not get fired is a small miracle.

I took over a stacked Rockies team that had won 69 games the previous year. I started the season with a 22 year-old George Brett on the disabled list and a 24 year-old Charlie Hayes filling in. Hayes managed to be hitting .324 into May, so he couldn't just be sent down. He found a home at second base and developed from a 2 to a 15 on a 20 scale over the next two seasons and won a GG.

The Very High injury setting with the high positional fatigue makes for a lot of use of bench players. I love it. I don't think I would enjoy using fictional players as much with these settings, but the fact that I can look up this emergency fill in and maybe find an interesting thing on Wiki about him makes for the frustration over a starter going down being something other than merely empty frustration.

I let the AI do my team's transactions so I do not skew the league. I do set the team strategy and designate Win Now/Neutral/Rebuild. Except for the cases where a player whines about playing for me and I shop him around and make the deal that day (I do not Window Shop Around). The AI went out and signed Tommy Bridges who had come off a 330 K season. My scout raves about him being an elite ace of any staff. Imagine my smile when the AI slotted him behind two other pitchers of mine in the rotation. If they all stay healthy, this will be easy.

The time spent playing has also offered me the chance to refine the HOF process before I begin here. Nothing major has changed from the original plans, but there are a couple of points that I felt could be handled in a variety of ways that I have come to like a particular approach.

I am in the 2027 season. The inaugural class will be in 2034. I am looking forward to a fun process and a group of well known inductees for the original class.

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 05-11-2013 at 11:49 PM.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote