View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #116
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djday45 View Post
This has always been a contention in the game with some people including myself due to the fact that the game is quite harsh in its reductions for both age and moving divisions and also in boxing reality no one size fits all.

What I mean by that is that each fighter when they are past their best or for that matter up and coming have differennt characteristics that change. Sometimes a fighter is shot all at once and grows old overnight, other times it is a slow drip drip loss of skills and reactions.

When fighters move around in weight their is a huge disparity in the effects. The game is particuarly harsh here and if you just used the games check boxes you would hardly have any fighter rise in weight and be effective.

In reality many fighters are even more effective at the higher weight due to many factors such as build or just growing slowly into the weight class. Other fighters rise and its a disaster as they are over the natural class their frames and build can take or it was done to quickly for a championship match and its outcome is not good.

I created a chart years ago that went onto cornerwork do you want me to try and dig it out?
Dean,

Thanks! I wasn't aware that you created the chart. I already have it in my files. Now that I know you put it together, I a have a lot more faith in it. Of course, I'll do it case-by-case, but I think the chart provides an excellent foundation---I strongly urge others to use it.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote