View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 04:30 PM   #96
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Good dola.

I was looking at the box score from yesterday's game and I noticed that the Yanks had a 7-1 lead going into the bottom of the 8th when they, that is, someone gave up 4 runs, letting the Angels back into the game. Gee, it was Chad Green, tagged for four earned runs in one-third of an inning. His ERA is now up to 16.43.

Then I remembered, wasn't Capo talking about a relief pitcher that has come under his critical eye recently? I checked here and, sure enough, Chad Green. Pegged.
LOL...yeah, me and my critical eye. Truth be told, a 16.43 ERA would be impossible to slip passed a blind man.

In all seriousness, it's an absolute shame about Green. He's one of those guys in the Yankee organization that kind of came out of nowhere. He always had good stuff, but was never really regarded as a top flight pitching prospect. When they finally moved him to the bullpen in 2017 he suddenly became one of the more dominant relievers in MLB, with K/9 ratio among the best in the league. I sincerely hope he's able to bounce back somehow.

Last edited by Caporegime; 04-24-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote