View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 05:51 PM   #42
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

My World in 1950

Since I was a disc jockey for 32 years, you know I love music... here's the number one song in the whole wide USA on Monday, March 13, 1950... it's a catchy little ditty by Red Foley... a pop country singer, not the twangy hillbilly type... he liked to jazz it up, too... was a great gospel singer with songs like "Peace in the Valley"... listen to Grady Martin on the guitar interlude on "Chattanooga Shoe Shine Boy"... he was one of the greats... the video is pretty creative, too.

Oh, yes indeed... I love twangy hillbilly country, too... that's what real country music is... steel guitars, fiddles and twangy hillbilly voices... ain't nothin' better than traditionalists like Hank Williams,George Jones, Dolly Parton, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Randy Travis, Merle Haggard.

Also love pop country like Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves, Ronnie Milsap, Brenda Lee, Kenny Rogers… progressive country like Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Eagles, Marshall Tucker Band, Charlie Daniels, Allman Brothers, Poco… and of course, the great group Alabama and Hank Williams, Jr. could do it all... traditional, pop, progressive.

Modern Day Country is terrible... not a country artist in the whole bunch... Country Radio ain't country no more... and hasn't been for the last 5-10 years... all they play is bad pop, bad rock and bad hip hop... real country music is dead... you can have Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Georgia Florida Line, Luke Bryan, Keith Urban... they are just "rock wannabes"... not a country bone in the their entire bodies.

Sorry for the tirade... it just hurts real bad to know that we will have no more George Joneses, Merle Haggards, Dolly Partons… they were destroyed in the 1990s by the record company execs that didn't know or appreciate country music... also the infusion of rock programmers and rock jocks into country radio greatly aided "The Murder on Music Row" and the destroying of traditional country music.

Listen to Red Foley and his #1 Song "Chattanooga Shoe Shine Boy"... here at this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEClMiOp6OY
Attached Images

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-23-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote