View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 09:33 AM   #21
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Hank1974 I have to agree with some of your sentiments towards the Oilers. There is something deeply wrong with that franchise and how it is managed. They tanked every season and got all the Number One picks in the drafts from 2010 until 2012 (Hall, Yakupov and Nugent-Hopkins) plus the Number 3 in 2014 (Draisatl). Not only do they suck enough to get the #1 pick but then they completely suck with these guys who would be stars on any other team. The franchise shows a complete lack of ambition and I think that is why they struggle to attract top free agents. Coupled with the mismanagement would anyone in their right mind want to go there?

Being a Jets fan I saw my team (and also the Nordiques) sold off and relocated for less reasons than why the Oilers are struggling and I think it is time for them to be moved elsewhere. There are other markets who could potentially do far better than Edmonton.
I agree.
The only reason I wouldn't want them moved is because of the fans.
They don't deserve it. Especially over the past few years when they've sold out Rexall place hundreds of times to watch an AHL team.

The management team is absolute garbage. For the fans sake, I really hope that Nicholson and Chiarelli can turn things around.
I still believe Lowe and MacTavish need to be fired.
I understand the need to be tethered to the past, but only if the personnel involved are doing a good job - which MacT and Lowe have proven time and time again they aren't.

I hope that McDavid can at least get the Oilers into the playoffs. But even Sidney Crosby couldn't help the Pens - who had a much better team in his rookie year than McDavid has to work with.

Anyway, I guess I'm getting off topic. Sorry about that fella's.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote