View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #106
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

In FHM every second is simulated in a game, knowing exactly who the puck carrier is, in which zone and where everyone on the ice is located.

But the above is not the problem. As I explained earlier, FHM has many more playable leagues then OOTP (and a hell of a lot non-playable leagues as well), in FHM every player has a lot more ratings that need to be taken into account and all that adds up to a slower sim then OOTP. Again, if you play with just 1-2 leagues (e.g. historical) the sim-time is flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenOak View Post
lol at this. You realize neither game actually simulates each minute of action right? They just spit out a result for the game (plays) based on inputs (players, tactics, etc.). I don't see why FHM needs to simulate 3 times as much stuff as OOTP. I'm actually pretty sure OOTP simulates more stuff, especially when OOTP sims in much greater detail.

I'm fine if the developers feel there are bigger issues than improving the sim speed right now, but I would be very disappointed if they sim speed is a total non-issue right now. Simming through years at a time is especially painful.