View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #98
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
I think Archi say's it best - NA gamers don't seem all that interested in GM games unless you have a great 3D engine to play out the games with too - NHL/MADDEN etc. Where as us Europeans love nothing but stats stats and more stats to look at! Why load up some beautiful 3D rendered game, photo realistic graphics and great physics when you can just look at Microsoft Excel heaven!

As for EHM, I'll never believe the crap SI games say about anything! Your website Archi shows how popular the game was/is so f**k them and anything they do!

And as mentioned, Europe is a lot bigger than North America.
I think that's a broad generalization. I was in two OOTP leagues with about 50 "unique" GM's.. some of us were in both leagues.. all but two of us were American.

My initial draw to OOTP specifically was the depth of statistics and GM play. Granted, I am one person, but the game seems to do pretty well in the United States. With the huge fan base of fantasy baseball that exists in this country, it is the perfect audience for statistically based games like OOTP and FHM.

Also, there have been very few complaints about the visual aspect of the engine here in the forum. Most of the complaints have to do with the statistical accuracy of what it outputs: goals every two seconds.. people getting in fights with people who they should not get into fights with etc...

Just my $0.02!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote