View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #96
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Absolutely. Regardless of what people say about the size of NA, it's the sales in Europe that apparently make up the bulk of sales of the game. It seems to be a fairly similar thing with my EHM community - consistently over the past decade the bulk of visitors come from the Nordic countries.

I think perhaps many North Americans aren't all that interested in coaching/GM sims. I think it's more playing the game rather than coaching - hence the EA Sports' NHL and Madden series do so well whereas we don't see any major developer in North America developing a sports management sim. Instead it's the likes of British-based SI Sports and German-based OOTP who develop the big sports management sims. If the NA market was larger then perhaps EHM would have had enough sales to make it a viable project.
I think Archi say's it best - NA gamers don't seem all that interested in GM games unless you have a great 3D engine to play out the games with too - NHL/MADDEN etc. Where as us Europeans love nothing but stats stats and more stats to look at! Why load up some beautiful 3D rendered game, photo realistic graphics and great physics when you can just look at Microsoft Excel heaven!

As for EHM, I'll never believe the crap SI games say about anything! Your website Archi shows how popular the game was/is so f**k them and anything they do!

And as mentioned, Europe is a lot bigger than North America.