View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 06:54 AM   #1
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Is there a better way to do this?

Okay, so now that thanks to several of you on this site I now know how you can import individual players, I keep trying to do what I wanted in creating a new league but keep running into a problem:

I want a league that runs through the 1960s and '70s when a lot of my favorite players played and a critical mass of all-time greats, and expand the league by a few teams, supplying enough players by importing many all-time greats from both pre-1960s and post 1980s eras, about 120 players in all.

I then want to reorganize all the rosters by clearing them, dumping everyone in the free agent pool and having a fantasy draft.

So far, so good. All that works. I get the draft going, with the auto-draft for other clubs and me drafting for the team I will manage. So I do "Auto-draft until next pick by..." and get as far as round 20 usually when the whole thing crashes - a couple times losing all of the draft when I neglected to save the Game often enough.

OOTP gives me the option of finding a solution online and then closes and I am back to square 1.

Now, is the problem that this is a particularly difficult way to go about this? Do I have too many teams? (24 in all)

Or is it that such a large free agent pool draft, as opposed to an inaugural draft is the problem? But I have had free agent fantasy drafts run before without this problem.

Any ideas?
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote