View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #85
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Just my 2 cents but I don't really see this as a problem. I would think for the game to have an up and coming talent pool at the proper level it is going to have to create some players.

I think feeders have to be a bit abstracted so we can have a baseball world where 126 HS and 50 College teams are able to make a class of players that are draft material. The alternative is to make a real amateur baseball world with many thousands of HS teams and thousands of College teams that would bloat save files\load times beyond what most would want.

Hey, FM does it in the football\soccer world so I would assume it is possible but would it be worth the coding time? Not likely when you consider most FM players do not load all leagues but pick and choose so they have a game that will actually run on their machines. I think you'd end up the same way with OOTP.
can't it be done this way in OOTP as well? After delving into FM 2012 the last couple of weeks...I am really seeing the glaring weaknesses OOTP has compared to it. FM is far deeper. You'll see people say "oh they are both good and it depends on what you are looking for", but make no mistake, FM is unparalelled in it's representation of the real football world. As manager, you are making all the same day to day decisions a real manager would make. OOTP needs to strive to be this.

Last edited by PSUColonel; 11-03-2011 at 06:31 PM.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote