View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #60
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagreen View Post
Thanks. I used the older file and it gave me a much better number.

What do you set media money at for your leagues? Is it a percentage of the salary cap or what?
Honestly, I play fast-sim (no injuries, low fatigue, no tinkering at all once the season has started) so my numbers really don't bear witness to reality in a sense. I usually play at $65m per team, but I've gone with lower and higher, really..so long as the number is the same for all of the teams I find this is a good way to keep OOTP's financial situation in check. There's too much tinkering necessary to really keep it afloat to mimic real life, so instead of doing that, I just try to stabilize it and then let other things determine how teams do, because it's not worth it.

Another technique I've adopted is a 40% visitors share of ticket revenue. Between that and adopting the same media market number -- no matter what it is -- I find that it keeps budgets still a healthy distance apart from each other based on performance factors that drive attendance and stuff, but doesn't allow OOTP to get all haywire in the ways it tends to. (Like altering media markets based on performance)

Coupling that with a variable salary cap has allowed great teams to remain great, but still lets bad teams eventually compete either because they stockpile enough prospects and get enough cap room to move or for other reasons.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote