View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #35
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOWDERHEAD View Post
Missing the 's' - "likes" This was a general news story.
Fixed that one. Picky picky.

Quote:
As a follow up - when will these changes take place? This patch or the July patch?
Probably a later patch... although I'm adding to the pbp, maybe I can get them to release a newer xml file sooner than the official patch.

Quote:
This may be a stylistic decision, but I think the word "League" should be inserted after the word "National". Same goes for the American League POTW. This was a general news story.
There might be other occasions where the word "league" put into the xml would come up wrong. What if you've named it the American Association... then it appears the American Association League, not what you intended.

Supposedly they were going to sort of "officially" suggest that, when naming the leagues, you finish it off... so you named it after MLB "National" and "American" just tack on "League" there and it should work. I don't think we "officially" did anything though.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)

Last edited by tysok; 06-23-2008 at 10:16 PM.
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote