View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 12:11 AM   #46
Hasta la vista pelota
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMyers View Post

Cano an 11.... are you kidding me. He had incredible range and had only 3 errors all season. He deserved the gold glove more than any other player who received the award. AN ELEVEN... now I know why OOTP will never be more than an also ran in baseball simulation games...

Jeter won the gold glove and yes he has lost a step or two, but there is not a more solid day in day out defensive short stop. He had the highest fielding % in history for a full time short stop... hmmm there is a stat for the stat only people.... a ten..... that is just wrong.

Yes, the baseball sim people know more about baseball than the people who live baseball day in day out their entire lives... some for 60+ years.... NOT... The baseball people gave him the award as the best....

SOM gave him a 3 to reflect his loosing a step or two, but then they gave him deserved in the other ratings.... oh yea, there is more to fielding your position than just range rating... Ask all the infielders how much they appreciated having Tex there to pull those throws out of the dirt....
There's more to fielding than just the general fielding rating in OOTP. There's also the range, error, arm and double play ratings. Jeter seems rated about right (I'm using the PC game ratings, which I assume are the same as the iOOTP ratings). He's rated above average for errors and arm, average for everything else. Sounds similar to Strat's rating.

Cano is rated above average in range and average everywhere else. Yes, he made very few errors in 2010, but was in double-digits the previous three years and is on pace for double digits in 2011. I would say 2010 was an outlier and the rest of his career is more in line with his true abilities.

Randy, just curious. You used to bash SOM pretty good nearly every time it was mentioned on the Action boards. I remember you saying that you sold all of your Strat stuff and would never deal with SOM again. What prompted the change of heart?

Last edited by Hasta la vista pelota; 07-24-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Hasta la vista pelota is offline   Reply With Quote