View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #64
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
Question - Whats the point of having Umpire images? I have never seen where I can click on on info for any umpires.
As I mentioned in the opening post in this thread, I am attempting to pictorially document all on-field Major League personnel--players, managers, coaches and umpires. The umpires are the final step in my photo pack assemblage. Aside from the obvious historical importance of umpires in the game, perhaps OOTP will take advantage of the manager, coach and umpire image availability in a future release.

I realize this would be a programming nightmare, but it might also be fun to include umpire tendencies in OOTP game play. That way batters can feast on days Jerry Crawford or Randy Marsh are behind the plate, while pitchers can take advantage of Doug Eddings or Eric Gregg.

Frank Dascoli might also make for some interesting headlines by ejecting your entire bench (look at the Braves half of the 8th inning in the play-by-play), or maybe Mike Estabrook will step around and taunt your catcher. If Scott Barry is umpiring, you'd better keep a spare position player available so you don't have to put a pitcher in left field.

Anyway, my intent in opening this thread is simply to recognize the very active and important role umpires play in Major League games. Any future game-play benefit is an added bonus.
Download Facepack & more at tnfoto's Baseball Photos Homepage
Photo threads: 2022 Debuts Majors Managers Coaches Umpires Minors Negro League Image Requests General Image Discussion

Last edited by tnfoto; 03-20-2011 at 11:02 AM.
tnfoto is offline   Reply With Quote