View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 02:25 PM   #8
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

I've left and am gone. I don't like what the game has morphed into. It's all homers and strikeouts. I'm strange, I've always enjoyed pitching duels. Nothing like watching a masterful performance. I miss complete games.

I don't like baseball where pitcher wins, rbi's and other statistics are considered inferior to the modern metrics, and don't get me wrong, I enjoy many modern stats.

I understood the value of On-base-Pct long before MLB caught on. In the 70's when the Pirates had Frank Tavares leading off with his sub .300 OBP, only because he had blazing speed, made no sense to me. In those days, I would argue that Joe Morgan was the best style of player to lead off, a solid bat, blessed with speed, and 100 + walks a season...and I was a Dodger fan to boot.

But when I see starting pitchers sometimes only going 2 or 3 innings, and that's by design...and each team using 5+ pitchers per game...and games are 3+ hours. I just don't have the time and patience for that.

It saddens me...in some ways. MLB was everything to me growing up. But truly, I just don't care anymore.

Now...can we talk about the NHL...that is my love these days.
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote