View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 10:29 PM   #1
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Did you leave baseball? Why did you come back?

The title of this thread explains itself. Have you ever left baseball for a reason, or two, or three and what made you come back? I left it after the last strike and when the whole Bonds, Sosa, McGwire steroids thing was happening. Plus I hated how the unis went from tight down the legs to these, what I call "baseball slacks." Especially Manny Ramirez. His unis always looked two sizes too big. Like a kid wearing his dad's uniform. And...interleague play. That really set me off! I loved seeing the strange sights of teams in a stadium they have never been in before!

But...the passion of the game was still in me and I came back about 2011. My wife and I got a TV package with MLB Network and I started to watch highlights and something re-sparked. I have been with it again ever since. Several things have really captured my interest. The baseball cards today, some of the merch like the postseason gear, the "multi colored" players weekend and players that have emerged like Trout, Harper, Ohtani, Acuna, Vlad Jr. and others. I'm glad I came back. If I didn't, I wouldn't have found OOTP and this forum!

What's your story?

Last edited by ForeverRoyalKC; 08-25-2019 at 10:30 PM.
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote