Old 03-05-2019, 04:10 PM   #29
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIachimoe View Post
yep.

the only game I will pre-order.

Honestly the pre-order does nothing for me.

1st There is no Steam pre-order so there is no point for me as I have dozens and dozens of games on Steam I want them all in the same place.

2nd The sale price is valid the entire launch week. So no urgency to pre-order then

3rd There is no pre-order bonus. I get there is card packs for PT but not anything in the base game. If you look at AAA video game pre-orders usually pre-ordering gets you some kind of unique in game items/visuals or other customization options.

4th The game file isn't large so not worried about download time it will take minutes. While some AAA games are 60-100gb usually those pre orders will pre-install the game before launch day it just wont run.

If pre-order was for a steam key and had some kind of bonus I don't know official custom alternative logo set or jersey or graphic type thing then I would be all over pre-order. But there is nothing different from the pre-order to just buying it on launch.

Now don't get me wrong come launch week I will play the hell out of OOTP 20. I just don't think OOTP pre-order is anything special when compared to the other dozen games I order every year.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote