View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 12:39 AM   #8
cavebutter
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post

4. Create LOTS of distinct templates and backups along the way. Creating a fictional world can involve some trial and error. It's much easier to adapt if you have various clearly-labeled templates and backups to go back to. And without a doubt, before you actually hit the "start game" button or whatever it is, make a template and save it! If you don't do this, and something goes wrong with the initial player creation in your league, you'll have to recreate your entire game, because all of the flawed players have already been created, which is a huge pain. Then, after you hit "start game", make a backup right then and there, before the initial draft has even happened. Really, templates and backups will make your life much easier to handle the likely trial and error involved in getting a new fictional league "just right".

5. Once you have created your basic game setup, save a backup of the league. Then set it to sim automatically for a long period of time. 24 hours, overnight, something like that. Depending on the size of your game and your computer, you should get numerous years of history. This will be a throwaway copy of your league. Once the sim is done, look around the game and see if there is anything that looks odd. Are people hitting too many home runs? Are contracts too big? Are teams out of money? Do other stats look odd? Take some notes, then go back to your backup and tweak any settings as necessary. Then you can start your actual game.

This whole post is excellent.

Numbers 4 and 5 should be mandatory reading for every fictional player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote