View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 10:34 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i would pre-date any fictional league ~20-30 years and sim to intended start date.

seed players != created for draft players. erase history and it's just like a new league. you can turn off certain things to speed up simming too. turn off asthetic stuff like baseball cards, box scores, replays, news, awards, low detail stats collection per league and et al... then turn it all back on, of course.

that can be a hassle. if you plan to let it run those 20-30 years while you sleep or 12 hours of work, it really won't matter. it will likely finish before you get back to it. in that case, leave your normal settings and avoid the hassle.

also, make templates throughout the creation process. you can delete them later. i number them to keep the order, but sorting by date created would work in most cases.

"1 basic settings done"
"2 mil structure changed or added"

i save a template at various stages of creation. that way if i screw up, i ony have to re-do a small portion of all the work that was done.

don't load a template ontop of existing work... you'll duplicate everything. restart process and load the template onto a fresh new game creation.

these template files are very small as long as you make them during the creation process before 6000 players are added. no worries, and you can delete them later, anyway... i suggest that you save the final template. make one after you load up the league with players, too -- after 20-30 years would be the keeper, this one a temporary step in case of problem. this file will be larger, but you may have some unforseen tweeks you want to include in the template. (only ~200-250mb for a mlb-like league and ~20-30mb without players)

..data\world templates\

making a template with the players obviously locks in the players... this may not be conducive to replayability for some people... weigh the cost of simming 20-30years to turnover league and the ability to merely load the template and run... each to their own on that stuff. they aren't that large, so keeping 2 templates, pre and post 30year sim is not a problem for 99.999% of people.

Last edited by NoOne; 10-03-2018 at 10:37 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote