View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 03:59 PM   #10
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
macs are <10% of market. if sales are proportional to that, and it takes a ton of effort to port the program, it's not going to be likely for very good and rational reasons.

this is soemthing you should know before buying mac products. i don't mean for that to be read like a warning.. i literally mean you had to know this when buying a mac computer.

they make it difficult on software developers and not the other way around. software developers don't ingore macs for only being a fringe portion of the market. their propreitary crap gets in the way of wider distribution and always has.

apple products are mostly about branding and status, nowadays. more so with the phones and tablets

god bless them for making great products for senior citizens, though. my ~70y.o. parents can use their tablets with ease. just about everyhing they make needs to be jailbroken to acutally make use of it's tech.
Agreed. For an example, one can develop an Android application on Windows with relative ease. But to make that same app available on an iOS device one needs access to a MAC computer in order to compile it for use on an iOS device. Makes it tougher on developers.