View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #14
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toado View Post
I'm at the point where even "normal" terrifies me... especially if it's a player I'm building around. I can't risk signing someone to a big contract only to see them miss a month here or there as a small market team.

I'm TOTALLY jinxing myself, but I've had four of the same starting pitchers the last three seasons (all durable - one got bumped up to iron man) and none of them have missed a single start. Saves quite a bit of money since I never have to call up replacements from the minors.

I do feel like fragile / wrecked starting pitchers are much more likely to make it through multiple season injury free than position players. Guess it makes sense considering they have far fewer on-field opportunities to get hurt.
Not sure you should be that paranoid. The vast majority of players are normal so you just have to live with it.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote