View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by awick View Post
So, was I just lucky with him? Or do injury-prone players benefit from additional rest, in the sense that it actually reduces the likelihood of injury?

I have another outfielder who has a good injury history and whom I played most every day. He got hurt during the last week of the season and missed the post season altogether. Was I just unlucky, or did I increase the odds of his being injured by using him too much?
In my experience it's pretty random. I've had a few injury-prone guys get injured within a couple games of their return from the disabled list. I've also had some guys with good injury histories to have an injury-plagued season on occasion.

The current ace of my pitching staff has an injury history of Wrecked as he suffered a number of injuries while in the minors with another organization. He's managed to give me at least 30 starts in each of the last six seasons, and is on pace for a seventh right now. Over that span he's suffered three injuries, but he's never been out for more than two weeks. He's easily one of the most durable pitchers I've had, despite the fact that I haven't done anything special with him.
CobaltJays is offline   Reply With Quote