View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #5
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
I am currently renaming all of my logos, for better searchability, and making them plug-and-play* by using Layton is my Homeboy's Fictional Logo File Utility (this thing is AWESOME, check it out). When this is done I'll ship them out to davwms, and whomever else will host them, so that when you download them they will be all set to go right into the game. No more of you fiddling around with graphics programs to figure out the colors to use.

* they will have all of the hex code attached to them that will automatically imput the team colors and create uniforms with the same colors in game
It should be noted that you won't be able to include all of the logos in your collection as plug-n-play. The reason being that there are a lot of team nicknames for which your collection has more than one logo (e.g. "Pirates"). When OOTP is figuring out which logo to use, it will stop when it finds the first "hit". In other words, even if you include a dozen logos named Pirates_blah_blah_blah.png, only the first one (alphabetically??) will get used by the program - it won't randomly select from all 12.

That said, using your logo pack will be much easier once the renaming has happened, and it will make it a lot easier to set up a richly customized fictional league. Ideally, it would be great if we can find a logo for each entry in the team_nick_names.txt file that OOTP uses to randomly generate team names.
Layton is my Homeboy is offline   Reply With Quote