View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 09:31 PM   #66
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I am currently battling the team that is #4 in wins in the entire PT universe. They have 13 championships and I have three. They have more perfect cards on their reserve roster than I have in total. I am only 1.5 games back. Don't try to tell me that I am bored and not having fun. There's always someone bigger than you to take down.
Your personal conception of endgame content is not necessarily the best or most appealing way to think about it. The average PL championship winner isn't going to join or ever know about the whale league. And even if they did, the people in diamond, gold, silver, etc. don't necessarily know about it. But if the devs post a big, bold LEAGUE OF CHAMPIONS in the universe screen, it's an obvious chaser for everyone at every level. And specific recognition is important too. Imagine if the whale league got a special Perfect League WS badge, or if their name was announced by the devs each week to everyone in the PT universe. Recognition is very important in competitive games at high levels.

Just because you are finding your own endgame content doesn't mean there isn't a need for specifically designed endgame content. Anecdotes are the absolute worst evidence to use when thinking about game design.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote