View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 02:23 PM   #20
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Now I am trying Career ratings (Orta can now play LF) with full minors. I made some trades, but made sure not to move key players.

I dealt Chris Jelic and Mike Cole for Jerry Mumphry and Craig Reynolds. Then I moved Butch Davis at the end of spring for Ed Romero.

Willie Wilson was injured for a month, so I shipped Chito Martinez and Dave Leeper for Mark Davidson. Off waivers, I picked up Mike LaValliere, Rob Deer and Mel Hall.

4.5 games back going into September. My rotation is decimated, it's Saberhagen, Black, Farr Ricky Rojas and Melido Perez at the moment. My outfield is currently Seitzer, Davidson and Hall because of injuries.

Finished 82-79 again, 5 games back tied for second with Seattle and California. ChiSox won the division.

Balboni managed to hit 50 home runs though, and Saberhagen led the league in ERA.

For the curious, the waiver pickups of LaValliere, Deer and Hall were total busts (really in backup roles). Mumphry was aiming to be an excellent alternative to Motley, but he went down for the year in April/May. Davidson ended up being an excellent pickup to fill in, eventually becoming the starting RF and CF when Wilson was down. Craig Reynolds was leagues better than the guys the Royals threw out at SS during 1985.

Last edited by BMW; 03-09-2019 at 02:43 PM.
BMW is offline   Reply With Quote