View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 04:54 AM   #7
Gutie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't see why having 2-3 staff potions (base coaches and a roving instructor that gives a boost to minor league teams overall) would mean requiring having base coaches for minor league teams.

The benefit of the coaching rating stats isnt very clear other than its implied, higher is better. I'd really like perhaps the training manual actually give a bit more info of how the coaching stats really work other than implying it.

The idea would be the base coaches would simply execute manager's philosophy and then give the training rating bonuses applied, as stated allowing more specialization of the coaching staff is a good thing.

This would be a good first step to adding them into the game without them (at least for the first year as staff members) altering the in game simulation, and allow OOTP dev team to work them into the game to the way they impact baserunning decisions later.

The roving instructor I mentioned can be used to apply bonuses for training and covers the issue of foreign clubs as well as fills a real world role that many clubs utilize (former reputable players of the club being hired on to pass on knowledge to other/younger players).

It'd be a more realistic simulation with only 3 staff added per ML club and not requiring massive expansion and research to do. One could also have it so the "roving instructor" is an optional position to be filled, but also their effectiveness would be boosted with a higher "development budget".

I don't see the need to be adding the base coaches for non ML teams, especially given in some scenarios they are not full-time staff and even filled via players in some parts of the world much like at the youth level is in the US/elsewhere.

Last edited by Gutie; 10-17-2019 at 04:59 AM.
Gutie is offline   Reply With Quote