Thread: Rule 5 players
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 01:41 PM   #5
Salmon
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There are some exceptions to that rule (I believe the main one is minor league FA who sign with a new team, or players who are released and sign somewhere else). Internally, there is some trouble with exactly how we could process that, so the rule for us is that any minor league free agent signed is immediately exposed in the draft. I would imagine that's what's happening in your case.
Thanks for your response.
I checked the rule 5 eligible players in my organization and there were 2 players who were signed as minor league FA's but the majority who are mistakenly eligible were originally drafted. I checked CPU managed organizations and found that they had many more minor league FA's but there were also erroneously placed drafted players.

My theory is that players who are promoted/demoted within a calendar year and play for multiple minor league teams within an organization are double or triple counted.
I am certain that something is wrong and its creating an abnormally large number of rule 5 eligible players for each team.
Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote