View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 10:14 AM   #1
Reed
All Star Starter

10 things to make game better

Background. I play historical and without financial but here goes...

1. Bring back the default skin from OOTP 18. The current default skin blurs out some text on certain screens and I just don’t care fore it.

2. AI draft/trading. Need to look at team needs more. Especially in dead ball era some teams might end up with several outfielders with just 4 pitchers and other teams might have 10 pitchers with 2 or 3 outfielders or infielders.

3. Injury severity. We can adjust the frequency, why not severity? Maybe we don’t want CEI but want to limit it to no longer than 60 days.

4. AI decision making. When ahead by 2 or more runs, I think the defense plays in way to often. It usually leads to a big inning for the team that was behind.

5. AI again. Baserunning seems like a lot of baserunners are being thrown out at home with 1 or 0 outs. I could understand them trying to score on a close play with 2 outs but they shouldn’t with 0 or 1.

6. Schedule maker. Understand can’t make a generator but can we make it more friendly? Maybe cut and paste, insert a blank day in middle of schedule, etc..

7. Initial start date. Should be on Jan 1st, not opening day of the historical year selected.

8. Weaken/adjust hitters/pitchers. Instead of just at league creation, should be able to change if as you progress though different eras.

9. In addition to the weaken/adjust hitters, would like to see a usage penalty where player’s rating would revert to replacement level if they exceed real life ABs/IP by X%.

10. A “scoresheet” would be much more informative than the boxscore or WPA graph and more convenient than the game log.

That is 10 off the top of my head so I better quit.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote