Minors (Double A)

Post 2023: Perfect tries to forge a dynasty

Name:  Screenshot (52).png
Views: 703
Size:  209.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot (53).png
Views: 695
Size:  215.6 KB

Orioles won 105 games, the third most in franchise history. Only their 1969 (109) and 1970 (108) seasons saw them win more games.

The ALDS saw the Orioles face their rivals in the Rays. While the Orioles swept, Perfect seemed off his game. He went 2-for-6 and on the mound he pitched 7 innings and posted a 3.38 ERA in the Orioles' 5-4 game one win.

They faced Cleveland in the ALCS. Cleveland were in firm control, taking the series in 6. Perfect went 4-for-8 and 0-1 on the mound with 14 innings pitched over two games a 3.23 ERA.

Perfect dominated the awards again, retaining everything he had won in past seasons.

However, here are some things I've noticed:
-Despite his 80 power, Perfect has never led the leagues in home runs. His best season so far was 2021, where he hit 30. He's also yet to have a 3-home run game.
-He's never pitched a perfect game
-For whatever reason, he just seems to pitch better than he hits.

And here's the other thing, and it's something that makes this a little less fun to run. The game doesn't seem to be doing anything to counteract this dude. I think the problem of running a sim like this is that the game just accepts it. Which is fine, but it would be nice if there was like, some pushback against Mister Perfect.

Looking ahead, as of the end of this season, the Orioles have Perfect until at least 2025. I'm hoping he'll opt for free agency at that point because I'm interested to see what he can do on a team where he has mildly comparable teammates.

Quick fun fact: Orioles have $78.2m in salaries for 2023, Mister Perfect's contract is 15.2% of that total. He out-earned the next highest paid player, Anthony Santander, by a full $3m.

As of the end of this season, Mister Perfect holds the following major league records:

-Walks/9 (0.15)
-Hits/9 (5.3)
-WHIP (0.6)
-Opponent's OBP (.169)