View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 06:30 AM   #1
Litty
Minors (Double A)

Post College + Majors

You know me from me The Story of Farel Lukska, the Women's Baseball League of America, and the Driftwood Summer Series. But now I undertake one of my biggest projects yet.

When playing career mode, the game generates draft classes of players from high schools and colleges around the United States. But what if those draft classes were fed by a fully-functioning college league?

So, I created a save with a league containing all 296 NCAA Division 1 baseball programs. It took hours and the sim runs slower than a snail with sleep deprivation but I made it.

Each post in this thread will chronicle a year in the sim and will be split into three parts.

Part one will look at the college season, which runs February to May. I will detail the 31 conference winners, the National Champion (and their route to the National Championship), the major award winners and anything notable about the season (no-hitters etc.). Because I can't perfectly replicate the NCAA Baseball play-offs, the postseason is comprised of a 64-team bracket, featuring the 31 conference winners, the second through fourth place finishers in the Power 5 conferences (15 teams), and the top 18 wildcards.

The second part will look at the MLB season, running April to October. I will include the World Series result, the major award winners, anything notable from the season, and the Hall of Fame results.

The third part will look at the draft. Each season, we will highlight the first overall pick in the draft and the highest overall pick that came from my custom college league. We will see how these players do over time and whether any of them become the next big MLB star.

This is going to be one hell of a journey, and I take wait to share it with you.

The 2019 season overview will be posted on September 20th