Thread: Assigning Roles
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 01:18 AM   #33
Pax25
Minors (Single A)

I actually like the overall tactics and individual role systems. Once you get it, your team will perform much better in games and usually gain the tactical advantage if you have the right players and roles chosen.

However, the problem is that once I choose the most suitable tactics and then get the highest tactical score that I can, I then have to make dozens of adjustments once the game starts so I can gain the tactical advantage by maximizing the number of countering roles while losing the least amount of my own tactical score.

Once I find this balance, I usually succeed, but the problem is I have to go through this every time I enter a game. I'm sure the developers know it by now, but there has to be a way to save your different lineups and tactics so you don't have to adjust them at the start of each game. Especially because you play a lot of the same teams and their overall tactics don't really change. Especially in a league like the SPHL where you play the same team two nights in a row.

I also play a lot of EHM and I have to admit I like the tactical system in FHM 4 better. EHM is easier because you can pick 18 players and set them all to maximum offense, however, I don't find this realistic at all. What I do like is that you can save your different lineups and tactics (and lock players in place and have the AI choose the rest) but there's really no way to tell if your tactics are having an effect during the game. Also, again you can load your 3rd and 4th lines with goalscorers, which would never happen in real hockey.

To sum up, I like where the tactics and role system is going and I hope it doesn't get scratched. It just needs refinement, especially the ability to save things. I would be very disappointed if FHM 5 doesn't have this.
Pax25 is offline   Reply With Quote