View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 10:08 AM   #6
Libertine States
Minors (Rookie Ball)

2018-19 Season: 2nd Half

And the Buffalo Sabres' arena floods with raw sewage. IN OOOOOOOOOOOVERTIIIIIIIIME!!! - Rick Jeanneret

Yeah, that was a thing that happened in this dynasty. Kind of symbolic of the Sabres' entire season.

Here are the All-Star Selections for 2019:

...and now the stats for the 2nd half of 2018-19:

As you can see, there was no touching Thibaux Girard in terms of blocked shots, and look who are tied for 3rd in goals... the same people who got into a fight earlier in this dynasty... man, they just can't stay away from each other.

So nothing of note that I can remember really happened other than the race for the last East spot in the playoffs between the Florida Panthers and the Tampa Bay Lightning. It went down to the last day of the season, and Tampa Bay won their game and Florida lost. Tampa Bay ended up advancing on goal difference over Florida.

Here are the standings at the end of the season:

And with that, the playoff picture looks like this:

Several interesting matchups in this playoff, particularly the Pittsburgh-Carolina rematch from the savegame that decided to be a wonderful little thing and corrupt itself, but this time Ilya Kovalchuk will be on the opposite side of the series. Who will come out on top? Who will choke in the first round? (Spoiler alert: Pittsburgh's probably gonna be one of them.) When will I stop mentioning Ilya Kovalchuk? I don't really know, but maybe, someday, that will come to fruition.
Libertine States is offline   Reply With Quote