View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 01:03 PM   #10
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Tuesday, March 29, 1994

Our seventh game of the season is at home, and the schedule appears brutal for us early on, as 5-1 Fayette comes into town after a four-hour drive from central Missouri. The Falcons are picked to finish second in District 7, but they’ve started out hot, winning five of their first six games. There are 99 people in attendance today, many of which I’m sure came out to see Doug Parlier pitch. Fayette’s ace is on the mound as well, so I don’t expect much out of my offense again today. Things are going well for Doug through two innings, but I worry about him in the 3rd when he gives up a solo home run and a double to back-to-back batters. He recovers, though, and we get out of the inning only down a run. After recording two outs in the bottom of the 3rd, we catch some lucky breaks. Thanks to an error, we get a runner on second base. Two wild pitches later, and we’ve tied up the game without recording a hit. Sometimes, I guess, you just have to take what you can get. The game stays tied until the 5th when Jon Stevens gets a base hit for us. An error and a walk later, and Fayette is going to their bullpen with the bases loaded with one out. Samir Shivers takes the 0-1 pitch deep to right for a sac fly, as Stevens tags up and comes home to give us the lead. I keep Doug in the game because he’s continuing to pitch well. I decide to go to the ‘pen in the 8th, bringing in Bill Mills. He puts the Falcons down in order, and Danny Worley does the same for us in the 9th, as we hold on to win the game, 2-1. We’re back on the winning side of things and are 4-3 on the year.

Name:  Game 7 Fayette vs Sarcoxie.png
Views: 1996
Size:  115.5 KB

Current Dynasty:
Collegiate Baseball Association

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015
abell1198 is offline   Reply With Quote