View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 06:04 PM   #8
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Friday, March 25, 1994

We’re on the road for the second straight Friday. Again, it’s a 4 ½ drive, this time to Louisiana, Missouri to play the Louisiana Bulldogs. I can’t say I’ve ever been there before. Louisiana sits right along the Mississippi River, northwest of St. Louis, but closer to Hannibal. They were picked to finish second in District 6 and are 2-2 so far this year. I’ve got John Daves slated to start his second game of the year. We start out well in the 1st inning, getting four hits and two more runners on base with walks. Five runs score, highlighted by Chris Hadley’s 2-RBI triple. Daves, meanwhile, is on point, not allowing a hit until the 3rd. Louisiana finally gets on the board in the 4th with a solo shot, making the score 5-1. Our bats cool off, and the Bulldogs score again in the 6th to creep closer 5-2. Fortunately, we get a run on a sac fly in the 7th to make it 6-2, but I’m still nervous. I go to my bullpen in the bottom of the 7th, bringing in sophomore Justin Schmitt. Justin is my emergency starter and hasn’t played yet this year, so I’m anxious to see what he can do. I’m happy with the result. He allows a hit but doesn’t give up any runs. Mike Biggerstaff comes into the game for me to pitch the 8th. He gives up a hit, but we get out of the inning by turning a double play. We come out swinging in the top of the 9th and load the bases on three singles. With two outs, John Graham knocks the ball over the left field wall for a GRAND SLAM!!! Now up 10-2, I bring Danny Worley in to pitch the 9th. Worley promptly loads the bases with no outs on a walk and two singles. With an eight-run cushion, I decided to let him stay in and he is able to collect himself. A fly out, strikeout, and ground out later, we’re a happy team boarding the bus for our trip home. We’re back to a winning record, standing now at 3-2 on the year.

Name:  Game 5 Sarcoxie at Louisiana.png
Views: 2135
Size:  122.2 KB

Current Dynasty:
Collegiate Baseball Association

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015
abell1198 is offline   Reply With Quote