View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 01:29 AM   #6
D.Nukem
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Good answers, BirdWatcher, including this one. However, there is an artificial way of slowing down (or speeding up) player aging and since D.Nukem asked "Is there anyway to slow or delay the degradation of my former stars?" I will point him to these settings:

Attachment 625002

Caution: A little goes a long way with these settings. The online manual talks of adjustments of only .500 to 1.500 on either side of the default 1.000. Also be aware that this will affect all players on average, not just cherished stars, so perhaps it's not what D.Nukem really wants. I should add here that, in all my years of playing OOTPB, I have never touched these settings and have never felt any need to do so. If interested, read more here:

http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...player_options
Again thanks for the reply. I've seen those but as you say they are artificial. I'm looking for the strategy to best advance youngsters with great potential. Minors where they play? Majors on the bench? Any other choices? And what could cause a young player never to reach their potential?
I found rotating a trio of aging out fielders like pitchers improved their performance. Now can I cut their salary by a third?
D.Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote