View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 06:28 AM   #42
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Sidebar:

I am copying this from a recent thread posted at the Inside the Ropes section because it explains how I use the 2 levels of groups in combination with the grouping structure to afford three levels of distinct rankings that can be made simultaneously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another thread
By way of example, I'll use my World, EBF/NABF, Norse and Empire titles.

1) I have the following organizations which hand out belts (I have many more, but lets keep it simple.

REC (World Title)
AABU (Regional title)
APBC (Regional title)
EBF (Regional title)
NABF (Regional title)
SABC (Regional title)

NBF (Norse Boxing Federation)
BEB (British Empire Belt)

2) I have the following groups set up:

AABU (Africa)
APBC (Asian/Pacific)
EBF (European)
NABF (N. America)
SABC (S. America)

NBF
BEB

3) All fighters in the world are assigned to one of the main regional groups (AABU, APBC, EBF NABF, SABC) on the Group 1 line

4) I assign fighters to a sub-regional or national group on the Group 2 line.

So,

Ole Tandberg would be assigned to EBF as Group 1 and to NBF as group 2

Tommy Burns would be assigned to NABF as Group 1 and to BEB as Group 2

Kallie Knoetze would be assigned to AABU as Group 1 and to BEB as Group 2

When I look at at rankings:

REC (World): I select 'All' as the group. Burns, Knoetze and Tandberg could appear there.

NABF (N. America): I select 'NABF' as the group. Burns appears there, Knoetze and Tandberg do not

EBF (Europe): I select 'EBF' as the group. Tandberg appears there while Knoetze and Burns do not

Norse: I select 'NBF' as the group. Tandberg appears there while Knoetze and Burns do not.

British Empire: I select 'BEB' as the group. Burns and Knoetze appear there while Tandburg does not.

Basicaly, if you set up groups in just the right way, you can slice the universe up into three simultaneous ranking levels even though there are only two groups by using the 'All' groups selection as the top level.
Up Next:

3) International play
- World title fights
- Match-ups