View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 10:33 PM   #6
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Sorry it took me so long, but here's the Excel macro I was talking about:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2q6dsuguj...ater.xlsm?dl=0

You'll have to do a little bit of setup with this file and your files beforehand to get this to work. I was a commish of an online league for a few years so I have my league's name listed in this file. You'll have to change that to your file's name.

First, when the new version of OOTP comes out, make a QS with the MLB QS they have in-game and then export the MLB rosters to a text file. Do the same with the rosters in the league you want to update. Next, open each file in Excel. When the Text Import Wizard comes up, choose Delimited, then Comma, and Finish. Next, click the square that connects the columns and rows in the upper left of the sheet so that every cell is highlighted. Click Sort, then Custom Sort by Column E and then Column F so that all the data will begin with the players in alphabetical order under the ratings categories. Once you've done that for both files, save them both as .csv files (comma delimited) with the names "obsl_rosters" as your league file and "updated_rosters" as the MLB QS file. For some reason, the macro won't work if you change the names in the code. And make sure you save them in the same folder.

Now, open the Excel macro I've attached here and click "Update OBSL Rosters". When the window pops up, select both .csv files and click Open. The file may run for a few minutes. When it finishes, the file will have two new tabs at the bottom: obsl_rosters and updated_rosters. On the obsl_rosters tab, the players who got updated ratings will be in blue and the untouched players will be in black. On the updated_rosters tab, the updated players will be in black and the untouched players in red. This makes it easy to sort out the players you may want to add into your game. If you want to do that, count the number of players who weren't updated in the updated_rosters file and then add that number of fictional players in your league. You may want to run this macro once just to get a count of those players before you import the new ratings into your league. That way, you can add the fictional players to the league and then copy and paste the untouched players from one file to the other and import everything all at once.

Hopefully, that works well for you. If you have any questions, just ask.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote