View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 09:09 AM   #20
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
I wasn't aware that there's a $100 purse bug. Most of my time with the game consists of either auto-scheduling large numbers of bouts or running and watching one fight at a time.

The lack of any way to track earnings except with pencil and paper is one reason I don't do many fight cards. It seems kind of pointless to have the game tell you what the purse is but not give you a way to keep track of that. It keeps tracks your bankroll when you bet on fights, and IMHO should also keep track of "paydays" for fighters.

In the real world, fighters fight for titles and paydays, not always in that order.

I'm kind of ambivalent about the "being a promoter" aspect of the RPG because I'm kind of hazy on what, exactly, promoters do and why they are really needed.

I've never paid much attention to promoters, except to note that Don King is one and that he is really a...not-so-good person. Every time I see a picture of the guy I want to laugh and then throw up. Every thing about him irritates me.

Some members of my family knew Don King from the 'hood back in the day. My late grandmother's stories about him from way-back confirm all of the bad stories that have long been in the public domain.

When I think "promoter" I think "Don King." The idea of playing a promoter in TBCB is therefore less than appealing to me.
Promoters (like Tex Rickard, Playfair Brown, Mike Jacobs, Snowy Baker, Jack Solomon, etc.) match and sign the fighters, organize the funding to pay purses, arrange the venue, hype the card to help fill the seats with paying customers, etc.

Cap