View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 05:00 PM   #28
NovaNation19
Minors (Double A)

Hey guys I think I found a way to recover a corrupted save file.

I'm a stubborn SOB and hadn't ever backed up my game, and was through 5 years, fresh off a World Series title and running away with the NL in the following year midway through August, when the game crashed. I tried to reload it, slightly ticked that I'd lost 2 weeks of games but when I tried opening up the game I got an error message about some database that couldn't be found.

I read through posts here to see if there's any solution and saw this thread so I figured I had lost the league and was pretty disappointed, and as a last-ditch effort I tried one last thing. My league had been named "MLB 2016", so I just copied the save file and pasted it in the same folder, renaming it "MLB 2016a", and did the same thing with the league folder in the My Documents section, making sure the names were the same.

I tried re-opening the game, and miraculously, it worked! I haven't looked around much to see if anything is messed up but in a cursory 1 minute glance the only thigns I seemed to have lost was the last 2 and a half months of Messages and the 2 custom logos I'd made for the expansion teams, which really isn't a big deal at all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything runs smoothly. The league takes longer to load now for some reason, but I'm just glad I managed to salvage it so I can absolutely cope with that haha.

Now I have no idea if this would work for anyone else in the same situation as I imagine there's many different things that could get corrupted, but I figured I'd share it just in case it helps someone.

(I should also note, I IMMEDIATELY backed up the new save file lol.)
NovaNation19 is offline   Reply With Quote