View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003, 05:39 PM   #63
Rocco Del Sesto
Hall Of Famer

I wish there was a lot more information on these obscure fighters but who know where it would be if it would be. I try to do a little search on the internet, but usually doesn't come up with much of anything. If you think about it as far as the past fighters go, the Trunzo's have probably done a lot of the work that can be had with with info there is. I mean the 400+ heavyweights that have already been rated, these guys are the cream of the crop of who you always read and hear about. These are the ones that you probably will find information on through books, film, magazine articles and such. These lesser fighters, I look at the records on Boxrec. try to apply what general parameters the Trunzo's have provided on rating a fighter, which isn't a whole lot that you can derive just from the fighters bout records. I take a fighter's record look at the number of bouts, average rounds fought, how may KO's he has, How may times he's been KO'd and this info will help you with some of the ratings by comparing with guys already rated. AS far as is a guy a granite chin like Chuvalo, what kind of defence did he exhibit, what was the porportionof the types of punches he thru, etc., I'm just making random applications. That's the only way I can do it. If somebody could provide me with all kinds of old copies of boxing magazines, books etc., maybe you'd find something written about some of these guys, but, I don't have stuff like that. So, to do what I want to do, I make my best guesses and random application of numbers to make these fighters up. How accurate is any of it. Well, what I'm doing with Zech is how I'm trying to see how good any of my rating for him is. Tweak the numbers to try and get his overall record, number of KO's, average of rounds etc. to come out with real life numbers that you can get from BoxRec. then I'll be happy with him. In the meantime, I'm doing this to build a stable of Heavyweights to have fun with. You think about it, you look at the guys that are rated right now, they did a LOT of boxing against these Drabes, Eugene and Wyns type fighters. That's a LOT more 1's that need to be put in the data base if you want to get an "accurate" replay of a boxer's career.

If there's others out here on this forum that can offer other suggestions on how to maybe better go about coming up with some of these numbers with the little information I got, boy, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks for your comments jabbo. I'm glad your enjoying the replay as others have said they are. If I can see that out of all this, I figure what I've done has been a little good for the TBCB gaming community then!

Thanks
Rocco
Rocco Del Sesto is offline   Reply With Quote