View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 07:03 PM   #43
USF
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
depends on context.. in the minors the potential is the key, of course.

in the majors the best players are the ones with the best ratings inthe best combinations relative to role... results simply don't matter when figuring probability of the future in this video game, because we have access to ratigns, somethign we don't quite have in RL, despite a RL scout's overconfidence in themselves.

any hiccup in statistical results are temporary... if you think you can "ride" a hot streak you are mistaken... you can't predict beginning nor end, so how can you use them purposefully? that's a figment of the imagination.

so, if you do a lot of re-configuring of your lineup due to results of the first month or 3 or even constantly throughout the season... you are really just making alot of extra work for yourself for zero to no gain, and possibly hurting yourself when you drop a 'better' player due to short-term results below a player that isn't as good but is overachieving at the moment. (despite recent results, the .300 hitter is better than the .250 guy even if the .250 guy hit 1.000 last week - i don't care how 'hot' he is)

re-configure when you think that 80pow your scout has assigned is actually a 50vs L and a 80 vs R power rating. i.e. bad rating, bad splits not represented correctly... simply put, fear bad scouting is the reason to change things up.

if the players are interchangeable as far as relative talent... move them arond to your hearts content, because it's not likely to hurt you. e.g. if i have 2 capable lead off players, which i try to do each year, i will think about swapping them around due to the current year - but only if they are very similar in ratings.

Side note: i've seen those green arrows pointing for someone playing like crap too... so i doubt just how important stats are to them. promotions are about ability, not results.... if the ai uses results, it's purposefully muddying the picture - which i am not discounting as a good or bad idea. a braoder view would be need to understand that.

Easy way to pick for minors: set each setting, click ai to setup pen/lineups, and compare results... try to see how it made the decisions when there is a difference in choice. you see enough of that you will know exactly what's going on and can make an informed decision. including me, no one here as presented any real solid info besides theories about it.
Doesn't the AI player rating evaluation in the league settings dictate this in some way. If it is skewed to stats then that will apply however, if it is skewed to ratings then that will apply if it is 50/50 stats/pure ratings then its even. ??

USF is offline   Reply With Quote