View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 06:22 PM   #32
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
back up and saves are a bit different.

The game auto saves each session if you click on the red X, or go to FILE and EXIT OOTP.. Back up must be done manually.

(I BACK-UP after every game session, and give new names every 6 months, so i would only lose half a year at the most when restoring.)

To restore - (If you don't name files for different seasons or specific reasons, the game keep overwriting the same file). You will need to type a new name in the bottom "path" of the screen. then select restore. if my game is called Historical-Fiction 1901 .... i would name my new file in the bottom box "Historical-Fiction 1901 A" or something along those lines.

that is/was my problem, when I "backup" I do/did not give it a unique name, so when I closed/finished playing the game, the automatic save that the game does, must have overwritten my "back up" and therefore I am not able to restore to a previous game date using the "restore from back up" as this has been overwritten (by me not giving it a unique name)

I was going under the assumption that "backing up the game" saved it to a different location, than the automatic saves the game does upon closing the game ---- I guess this is my bad

so "Thank you" now I know that I need give my "back ups" a "unique name/path" so that I may be able to restore to a previous game date

Last edited by Chillidog; 08-26-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Chillidog is offline   Reply With Quote