View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Using a Generated FaceGen in Another Saved Game?

I know that FaceGens all exist in the saved game subfolders, and I can find the FaceGen that was created for me as a GM/manager in the game.

However, is there a way to export, copy, rename, or otherwise use the same underlying FaceGen for use in another game, where a different ballcap would be applied or maybe I could convert the FaceGen into a coach image with the full uniform?

I'm not interested in creating a FaceGen of myself using a real picture. I know that you can do that, but my OOTP GM persona is fictional, and I prefer to use a FaceGen generated by OOTP.

I really like the one that it used for my current saved game, and I'd like to reuse it in future games. Unfortunately, I think the underlying FaceGen is actually stored in the saved game's faces file, which I can't access.

I tried simply copying my current FaceGen PNG image into the appropriate subfolder where the manager_1.png is located in another saved game, and then I asked the game to regenerate the same picture, hopefully with the ballcap corrected. Instead, it must have pulled the original FaceGen file from the faces file because it reverted back to the one that I had replaced.

Unfortunately, I think the answer to my question will be 'no'.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote